National Talent Search Scheme is a flagship activity of the NCERT started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme was to identify talented students and nurture their talent. Talent refers to the potentiality that manifests itself in a high level of performance in one or more specialized areas.
National Talent Search Examination-2012
National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class X :
This year NCERT will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class X
1. Scholarships: 1000 scholarships will be awarded for each group of students appearing for class-X examination. The amount of scholarship will be Rs 500/- per month as per NTS rules.
2. Reservation: 15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged group of students.
3. Selection: There will be two stage selection process for award of scholarship
Stage- I, selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination
Students, who qualify Stage-I, will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT
4. Eligibility: All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located.
There will be no domicile restriction.
5. NTSE 2012 Important Dates:
Dates for submission of application form and conduct of examination are given below :
Last date for submission of application form: 31st August, 2012
Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Andaman and Nicobar Islands: 17th November, 2012
Examination in all other states and Union Territories: 18th November, 2012
Examination in all states and Union Territories: 12th May, 2013 (Sunday)