1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium
(3) Remains unaltered
(4) Drops sharply
2. Which from the following rivers does not originate in Indian territory?
3. The gas predominantly responsible for global warming is
(1) Carbon dioxide
(2) Carbon monoxide
(3) Nitrous oxide
(4) Nitrogen peroxide
4. 26th January is India’s
(1) Independence Day
(2) Republic Day
(3) Revolution Day
(4) Parliament Day
5. Which of the following uses non-conventional Source of Energy?
(1) Kerosene lamp
(2) Wax candle
(3) Solar lantern
6. Electric current is measured by
7. The dynamo is a device for converting
(1) Heat energy into electrical energy
(2) Mechanical energy into electrical energy
(3) Magnetic energy into electrical energy
(4) None of these
8. Galvanised Iron sheets have a coating of
9. The hardest substance available on earth is
10. Washing soda is the common name for
(1) Calcium carbonate
(2) Calcium bicarbonate
(3) Sodium carbonate
(4) Sodium bicarbonate
11. 2008 Olympic games were held in
12. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Captain of Indian Test Cricket Team?
(1) Sachin Tendulkar
(2) Rahul Dravid
(3) Anil Kumble
(4) Mahender Singh Dhoni
13. Who among the following is coach for the Indian Cricket Team?
(1) Vivian Richards
(2) Gary Kirsten
(3) Kapil Dev
(4) Allan Border
14. The mascot for the 34th National Games held in Jharkhand in 2008, is
(4) None of these
15. With which game is the Agha Khan Cup associated?
16. The term, L.B.W. is associated with which of the following games?
17. Wankhede stadium is situated in?
18. The Olympic games are normally held at an interval of
(1) 2 years
(2) 3 years
(3) 4 years
(4) 5 years
19. Jaspal Rana is the name associated with which of the following games?
(4) Weight lifting
20. Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports is located at
(2) New Delhi
21. A person wants to contest election for the membership of Gram Panchayat, what should be his age?
(1) 18 years or above
(2) 19 years or above
(3) 21 years of above
(4) Minimum 25 years
22. Who summons the joint sitting of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha?
(2) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(3) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(4) Prime Minister
23. Which of the following is not a source of revenue to the village panchayat?
(1) Property Tax
(2) House Tax
(3) Land Tax
(4) Vehicle Tax
24. All electioneering campaigns during the time of elections are stopped.
(1) 48 hours before the appointed time of election results
(2) 48 hours before the actual poll
(3) 24 hours before the actual poll
(4) 36 hours before the actual poll
25. Who appoints the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
(2) Prime Minister
(4) Chief Justice of India
26. The General Budget is presented in the parliament normally in the month of
(4) Last month of the year
27. Who is the signatory on the Indian currency notes in denomination of two rupees and above?
(1) Secretary, Reserve Bank of India
(2) Finance Secretary, Minister of Finance
(3) Governor, Reserve Bank of India
(4) Finance Minister, Ministry of Finance
28. The monetary unit of Bangladesh is
29. Sellers market denotes a situation where
(1) Commodities are available at competitive rates
(2) Demand exceeds supply
(3) Supply exceeds demand
(4) Supply and demand are equal
30. Development means economic growth plus
(3) Price stability
(4) Social change
31. The Abbreviation NAEP stands for
(1) National Atomic Energy Planning
(2) National Adult education Programme
(3) National Authority on Engineering Projects
(4) Nuclear and Atomic Energy Project
32. The Abbreviations PSLV stands for
(1) Polar Survey Landing Vehicle
(2) Polarised Source Laser Viewing
(3) Precise Source Locating Vision
(4) Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
33. The term ‘epicentre’ is associated with
(4) Earth’s interior
34. Which of the following order is given to the plantes of solar system on the basis of their sizes?
(1) Jupiter, Saturn, Earth, Mercury
(2) Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury, Earth
(3) Mercury, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn
(4) Earth, Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter
35. The solar eclipse occurs when
(1) the sun comes in between the moon and the earth
(2) the earth comes in the between the sun and the moon
(3) the moon comes in between the sun and the earth
(4) None of these
36. The removal of top soil by water or wind is called
(1) Soil wash
(2) Soil erosion
(3) Soil creep
(4) Silting of soil
37. Which of the following is suitable for growing cotton?
(1) Sandy soil
(2) Clayey soil
(3) Black soil
(4) Alluvial soil
38. Bandipur Sanctuary is located in the State of
(1) Tamil Nadu
(2) Uttar Pradesh
(4) Madhya Pradesh
39. Largest State in terms of area, in India is
(3) Madhya Pradesh
(4) Jammu and Kashmir
40. Koraput is related to which of the following Industry
(2) Ship building
(3) Iron and steel
(4) Electric locomotives
41. Which of the following group of States is the largest producer of tea?
(1) West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh
(2) Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan
(3) Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand
(4) West Bengal, Assam, Karnataka
42. Which of these has the largest river basin?
43. The Indus Valley Civilization was famous for
(1) Well-planned cities
(2) Efficient civil organization
(3) Development of Art and Architecture
(4) All of these
44. The Red Fort of Delhi was built by
(4) Sher Shah
45. The ancient name of the city of Patna is
46. The ancient kingdom of “Avanti” had its capital at
47. When did Vasco-da-Gama come to India
48. The General who gave the firing order at Jallianwala Bag was
(4) O. Dwyer
49. Gandhiji started Satyagraha in 1919 to protest against the
(1) Rowlatt Act
(2) Salt Law
(3) Act of 1909
(4) Jallianwala Bagh Messacre
50. The Britishers come to India as traders and formed company named
(1) Indo-British Company
(2) The Great Britain Company
(3) Eastern India Company
(4) East India Company
51. Mahatma Gandhi was born in
52. Who gave the slogan “You give me blood, I promise you freedom”?
(1) Bhagat Singh
(2) Chandra Shekhar Azad
(3) Subhash Chandra Bose
(4) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
53. In which State is Jawahar Tunnel located?
(1) Himachal Pradesh
(4) Jammu and Kashmir
54. Where did the dance form “Mohini Attam” develop?
(4) Tamil Nadu
55. On selling three articles at the cost of four article, there will be profit of
(2) 100/3 %
56. By selling an article for Rs. 40, there is loss of 40%. By selling it for Rs. 80 there is
(1) Gain of 20%
(2) Loss of 10%
(3) Loss of 20%
(4) Gain of 10%
57. A number consists of two digits whose sum is 8. If 8 is subtracted from the number, the digits interchange their places. The number is
58. A horse is tied to a peg hammered at one of the corner of a rectangular grass field of 40 m by 24 m by a rope 14 m long. Over how much area of the field can the horse graze?
(1) 154 m2
(2) 308 m2
(3) 240 m2
(4) 480 m2
59. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 3 : 5 : 7 and its perimeter is 30 cm. The length of the greatest side of the triangle in cm is
60. The radius of a right circular cone is 3 cm and its height is 4 cm. The curved surface of the cone will be
(1) 12 sq. cm
(2) 15 sq. cm
(3) 18 sq. cm
(4) 21 sq. cm
61. The steam engine was invented by
(1) James Watt
(2) James Prescott Joule
(3) New Commen
(4) Isaac Newton
62. Who invented the telephone?
(1) Thomas Alva Edison
(3) Alexander Graham Bell
(4) G. Marconi
63. Albert Einsten was a famous
64. The fractions 7/11, 16/20, 21/22 when arranged in descending order is
65. If 10% of a number is subtracted from it, the result is 1800. The number is
66. The number is just preceding 9909 which is a perfect square is
67. In banking ATM stands for
(1) Automated Tallying Machine
(2) Automatic Teller Machine
(3) Automated Totalling Machine
(4) Automated Transaction of Money
68. Which amongst the following Abbreviations stands for organization related to Indian Defence forces?
69. Which amongst the following Abbreviations stands for organization related to Indian space programme?
70. The injection of anti-toxin is given to prevent
71. Dental caries are due to
(1) Viral infection
(2) Contaminated water
(3) Bacterial infection
(4) Hereditary causes
72. Spinach leaves are rich source of
(1) Vitamin A
(4) Vitamin E
73. Which of these is not a mosquito borne disease?
(1) Dengue fever
74. Oranges are rich source of
75. Which acid is produced when milk gets sour?
(1) Tartaric acid
(2) Butyric acid
(3) Lactic acid
(4) Acetic acid
76. AIDS stands for
(1) Acquired Immune Disease Syndrome
(2) Acquired Immunity Deficient Syndrome
(3) Acquired Immune Deficiency
(4) Acquired Infection Deficiency Syndrome
77. Stem cuttings are commonly used for re-growing
(4) Sugar Cane
78. Persons with which blood group are called universal donors?
79. Silk is produced by
(1) Egg of silkworm
(2) Pupa of silkworm
(3) Larva of silkworm
(4) Insect itself
80. Which amongst the following is the train introduced by Indian Railways bringing travel by AC class within the reach of a common man?
(1) August Kranti
(2) Jan Shatabdi
(3) Garib Rath
(4) Sampark Kranti
81. Approximately how many stations are there on the Indian Railway Network?
82. The Headquarters of North Western Railway is at
(1) Abu Road
83. The new electric railway engines are manufactured in
84. Which of the following is true in regard to Indian railway?
(1) It is the cheapest means of transportation
(2) The chief source of income is transportation of goods
(3) It is the only largest employer
(4) All of the above
85. The highest gallantry award in India is
(1) Ashok Chakra
(2) Paramvir Chakra
(3) Mahavir Chakra
(4) Param Vishista Chakra
86. Oscar prize is related to
87. Arjuna award is given for
(1) Bravery in the battle field
(2) Excellence in archery
(3) Excellence in sports
(4) Excellent service during emergency
88. The first Indian recipient of Nobel Prize in Literature is
(1) Mother Teresa
(2) Rabindranath Tagore
(3) Sorijini Naidu
(4) C.V. Raman
89. Bismillah Khan is related to
90. Who is the external affairs minister in the present union Cabinet?
(1) Shivraj Patil
(2) S.M. Krishna
(3) Priyaranjan Dasmunshi
(4) Pranab Mukherjee
91. Who is the present Union Agriculture Minister?
(1) Raghuvansh Prasad Singh
(2) Manishankar Iyyer
(3) Sharad Pawar
92. Who is the present union Tourism and Culture Minister?
(1) Ambika Soni
(2) Kapil Sibbal
(3) Renuka Chaudhary
(4) Sushil Kumar Shinde
93. Who is the chairman of senior selection committee in BCCI?
(1) Sunil Gavaskar
(2) Dilip Vengasarkar
(3) Krishnamachari Srikkanth
(4) Chetan Chauhan
94. The assembly elections were held recently in two states namely
(1) Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh
(2) Madhya Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh
(3) Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat
(4) Andhra Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh
95. Thermometer is related to degree in the same way as clock is related to
96. The headquarters of the United Nations Union is located at
(2) New York
97. To work on mobile cell phone which of the following is/are required?
(1) Favourable handset
(2) Sim card
(3) Service provider network
(4) All of the above
98. Find the root value of 36.1 / 102.4
(1) 61 / 34
(2) 19 / 31
(3) 19 / 32
(4) 19 / 33
99. Which of the following keys of personal computer is not available in the key board of traditional typewriters?
(4) MS Word
Current Affairs Quiz January 20121. Youngest ever Microsoft Certified Professional who died recently at the age of 16 ?
Arfa Karim Randhawa Read More
2. What is the total number of districts in Chhattisgarh as on 1st January 2012?
3. Where the Coastal Business Development Summit is is held?
4. Name the DGP replacing outgoing chief Sankar Baruah for Assam.
Jayanta Narayan Choudhury
5. Where National Kannada conference is is set to be held in the month of April?
6. Which country recently joined UNSC as non-permanent member?
7. Who are now allowed to invest in Indian stock market directly?
QFI’s – Qualified foreign investors
8. How much of share can a QFI company and QFI’s put together hold a stake in Indian companies?
5% and 10%
9. Which two countries have strengthened business ties to start trading electricity and petroleum products?
India and Pakistan
10. What is SEBI toll free helpline number launched to support 14 languages?
1800 227 575
11. Who has been named male player of the year by Golf writers Association of America?
12. Name the Argentinean bike rider who died after being involved in an accident on the first day of the Dakar Rally.
Jorge Martinez Boero
13. Name Afghan’s first team of female boxers set to aim for Olympics 2012.
Shabnam and Sadaf Rahimi
14. Which country test launched first 3D television broadcast?
15. What rank does Vishwanathan Anand holds as he prepares for 2012 World chess championship?
16. Name the former Macedoninan President who passed away recently.
17. Which Indian ace tennis star withdrew out of Aircel Chennai Open 2012 because of recurring shoulder injury?
18. Where the 5-day 99th Indian Science Congress science event is is set to start on 3rd January 2012?
Kalinga Institute of industrial Technology, Bhuvaneshwar, Orrisa
19. What bank account facility is set to be launched in India?
Bank Number Portability
20. Name the new education tablet launched by Classteacher Learning Systems, a Delhi based Educational Solutions Provider.
21. Who has been appointed as chief coach of Kolkata Knight Riders?
22. Where in India is Literary Festival 2012 is scheduled to be held?
23. What is the concept introduced by Indian Postal Department (Bihar Postal Circle) to get a personalized stamp with photograph on it?
24. Who takes over as Wipro Technologies Senior Vice President and Corporate Treasurer?
25. Who has been considered for first Gates Innovation Award?
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
26. Which auto major is set to invest USD142 million at its Chennai plant in India to manufacture a compact sports utility vehicle named EcoSport?
27. Name the Government policy introduced by Karnataka to boost animation industry.
Karnataka Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (KAVGC) Policy 2011
28. Name the ace woman tennis player who withdrew from Australian Open due to left ankle injury.
29. Who has been named as CEO of Yahoo?
30. Who has been appointed as Senior Vice President in India by CIBER?
31. Name the interactive presentation tool launched by HP in India.
32. Name the Australian cricket captain who joined the triple-century club recently.
Michael Clarke scored 329* against India at SCG
33. Where the national and international theater festival, the Bharat Rang Mahotsav set to be held?
National School of Drama, Amritsar
34. Who won gold for triple jump at the all India inter-university athletics meet held in Mangalore, Karnataka?
35. Who has been named Chief Information Officer of WildCard Systems?
36. Who has been appointed as VP, Chief Information Officer of Qwest Communications?
37. Name the Indian doctor who became famous for his selfless work in China during the Sino-Japan war whose memorial was dedicated to India.
Dr.Dwarkanath Shantaram Kotnis
38. Where has Union Government planned to build 11 tunnels to connect important roads?
Pakistan and China borders
39. Which version of Internet Explorer is dead as per Microsoft?
Internet Explorer 6
40. Name the website launched by Jammu and Kashmir government for the state’s school education department.
41. Who was given the first S.K.Singh award for negotiating Indo-US nuclear deal?
D.Bala Venkatesh Varma
42. Where is the world’s largest solar telescope set to be built?
Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region
43. Who has been appointed as President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations?
44. Which state has planned to teach Bhagavad Gita in schools?
45. Which automobile maker has re-entered Indian markets after 13 years?
46. Who won the doubles title at the Chennai Open 2012?
Leander Peas and Janko Tipsarevic
47. Which country has called for Indian investments and sought partnership in oil and gas exploration?
Trinidad and Tobago
48. Who has been appointed as Managing Director, President and CEO of Samsung’s South- West Asia operations?
49. Name the world’s first hydrogen powered 3-wheeler which was launched by Mahindra and Mahindra at the 11th Auto Expo 2012.
50. Who won the FIFA women’s World player of the year?
Homare Sawa of Japan
51. Who won the FIFA men’s world player of the year 3rd time in a row?
Lionel Messi of Argentina
52. Name the car which won the 2012 North American Car of the year award.
53. Name the Guinea Bissau President who died recently.
Malam Bacai Sanha
54. Name the chairman of Swiss National Bank who stepped down recently.
55. Which company has acquired Bangalore-based event and entertainment guide Buzzintown?
56. Which country’s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day parade?
Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra
57. How many banks are now allowed to import bullion or precious metals?
58. Name the recently added banks to import precious metals.
Yes Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, City Union Bank and ING Vysya Bank
59. Which bollywood actor is campaigning for clean voting?
60. Who took over as Director General Military Operations succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan Verma?
Lt Gen Ashok Kumar Chaudhary
61. Name the Chinese dancer who took Bharatanatyam and Kathak to Mao’s China died recently.
62. Where the Quick service cum mobile medical dispensary was inaugurated recently?
Bodh Gaya Temple premises
63. What is the lowest one-day score by Sri Lanka in the recently held match against South Africa?
43 all out
64. What is the worth of total Private equity investment made in India in 2011?
65. Which country has been ranked first on nuclear safety?
66. What has Kerala hospital introduced to diagnose small bowel bleeding sites, tumours and ulcers?
Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
67. Where does the industrial output stand as of November 2011 in India?
68. When did India complete one polio-free year?
13th January 2012
69. What is the cost of cheapest electric car unveiled by Tata in Detroit?
70. Which legendary singer is set to be honoured with lifetime achievement award at the 18th Annual Colors Screen Awards?
71. Who has been appointed to google board recently?
Diane Greene, VMware co-founder
72. Which service the Indian Government has planned to launch for farmers?
Interactive medium of spoken web service
73. Who won gold in Asian shooting championship?
74.Which airways bagged best airline award?
75. Which Indian city is set to host psychiatry conclaves?
76. Which country reported rare decline of foreign reserves?
77. Name India’s first woman journalist who died recently.
78. Who won the Mumbai marathon title recently?
79. Where does inflation stand as on 16th January 2012?
80. Name the scheme launched by Arunachal Pradesh government for the treatment of Multi Drug Resistant TB patients.
Directly Observed Treatment Plus Service (DOTS)
81. Who took charge as Kerala governor?
82. Who won the trust of vote in Parliament of Pakistan?
Yousuf Raza Gilani
83. Which currency is world’s most undervalued currency as per Big Mac Index?
84. Who has been appointed as Director Enterprise Business (India and South Asia) by Adobe?
85. What is the amount received by India in venture capital funding in the solar energy sector?
86. Which Government has bought 1.09% worth stake in Reliance Industries?
87. Which bank is likely to increase their presence in Karnataka from the present 71 to 100 branches?
Bank of Baroda
88. Name the boxer who turned 70 recently.
89. What is the export growth as of December 2011?
6.7% at $25billion
90. Which website is to be shut for 24hrs to stop anti-piracy act?
91. Name the Indian-origin Sikh who has been unanimously elected as the mayor of Charlottesville, a historic American city in Virginia.
Satyendra Singh Huja
92. What fund has India planned to launch by July 2012?
$1 billion innovation fund
93. Where is the India-Burma talks scheduled on January 19th 2012?
Myanmar capital, Naypyitaw
94. Name the Yahoo co-founder who resigned recently.
95. Which global consulting and IT service provider is set to participate in World Economic Forum?
96. Which card has BSNL launched to facilitate making utility bill payments like electricity and telephone bills?
Itz Cash Card (Trust Card)
97. Name the media advisor to Prime Minister who resigned recently.
98. Where India’s first Startup Village is to be setup?
KINFRA Park, Kalamassery, Kochi
99. Expand SOPA & PIPA
Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act
100. Which photo pioneer company filed bankruptcy recently?
101. Which online video streaming site has launched a film festival?
102. Name the Indian wicketkeeper who is set to debut in place of MS Dhoni in test cricket against Australia.
103. Where is the Jaipur Literature Festival held in India?
Diggi Palace, Jaipur
104. Which file-sharing website has US shut down recently?
105. Petroleum ministry recently allowed import of?
ATF – Aviation Turbine Fuel
106. Name the new kind of train launched by China.
107. Which auto-maker regained its title as the world’s top-selling automaker in 2011?
108. Who is appointed as COO of Intel?
109. Who is appointed as Managing Editor of Wall Street Journal?
110. Where did India open its 5th Consulate in US?
111. Which country is set to join European Union in 2013?
112. Name the year that is been celebrated across China?
113. Who won the Ranji Trophy 2011-12?
114. What rank does India hold to have a nuclear submarine?
115. Which parliament passed Armenian gernocide bill?
116. What is the prevailing CRR as on 25th January 2012?
117. Which state’s theme has been set in 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela in Faridabad, Haryana?
118. Who won Grand slam title in men’s Australian Open 2012?
119. What rank does India hold as steel maker in 2011 as per World Steel Association?
120. What sum of capital has been approved to be infused in SBI and PNB?
Rs.7,900 crore and Rs.1,285 crore