adv2Rajasthan PTET Entrance GK Question Paper 2011
General Knowledge : Solved Paper
61. Who is the author of the book “Chhattisgarh Geet Sangraha, Antas Ke Geet” ?
(A) Brij Mohan Agarwal
(B) Rajesh Chouhan
(C) Devendra Verma
(D) Dr. Raman Singh
62. The highest dam in India, Bhakra, is built ozn—
(A) Vyas river
(B) Jhelum river
(C) Sutlej river
(D) Ghaghara river
63. The currency of Myanmar is—
64. Which is the smallest country (in population) ?
(A) Vatican city
65. Who is associated with the term ‘Loknayak’ in India ?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Jay Prakash Narayan
(D) Madan Mohan Malviya
66. Which of the following sites has been included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites ?
(A) Chilka Lake
(B) Dal Lake
(C) Nagin Lake
(D) Sunderbans National Park
67. Which country won the ICC Twenty-20 World Cup ?
68. Indravati National Park is situated on the banks of river—
69. Which water reservoir is the highest in Chhattisgarh ?
(A) Minimata Reservoir
(B) Ravishankar Reservoir
(C) Sondhoor Reservoir
(D) Kodar Reservoir
70. Who, out of the following, was the first recipient of Bharat Ratna Award ?
(A) B.C. Roy
(B) S. Chandrashekhar
(C) C.V. Raman
(D) Gobind Ballabh Pant
71. Trans-Siberian Railway terminals are—
(A) Moscow and Vladivostok
(B) St. Petersburg and Vladivostok
(C) Moscow and Krasnoyarsk
(D) St. Petersburg and Krasnoyarsk
72. Largest Mica deposits are in—
(A) South Africa
73. Heat stored in water vapour is—
(A) Specific heat
(B) Latent heat
(C) Absolute heat
(D) Relative heat
74. Force of deflection was first discovered by—
75. Contours are imaginary lines showing—
(A) places of equal atmospheric pressure
(B) same temperature areas
(C) places of equal altitudes
(D) equal sunshine areas
76. Which State of India has the largest area ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh
77. The fertile land between two rivers is called—
(B) Water divide
78. At which place Chhattisgarh’s Super Thermal Power Station is located ?
79. Which of the following state has won the 2007 UNDP Award for Human Development Report in the category of Excellence in Participation and capacity building process ?
80. Which of the following pairs (Sanctuaries and districts) is not properly matched ?
81. The Unitary System of Government possesses which of the following advantages ?
(A) Greater adaptability
(B) Strong State
(C) Greater participation by the people
(D) Lesser chances of authoritarianism
82. Which one of the following is not an element of the State ?
83. According to the Indian Constitution, the Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the—
(A) President of India
(B) Prime Minister of India
(D) Supreme Court
84. The Parliament consists of—
(A) President, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
(B) Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
(C) Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha
(D) Vidhan Sabha, Vidhan Parishad and Lok Sabha
85. Who decides whether a bill is a Money Bill or not ?
(B) Prime Minister
(C) Finance Minister
(D) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
86. Which of the following is called the ‘powerhouse’ of the cell ?
87. Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is caused by—
88. Which of the following processes does not increase the amount of cabron dioxide in air ?
(C) Burning of petrol
(D) Aerobic decay of vegetation
89. The vitamin that is most readily manufactured in our bodies is—
(A) vitamin A
(B) vitamin B
(C) vitamin C
(D) vitamin D
90. Which of the following metals occurs in free state ?
91. The World Trade Organisation was formed in—
92. A Trade Policy consists of—
(A) Export-Import Policy
(B) Licencing Policy
(C) Foreign Exchange Policy
(D) Balance of Payment Policy
93. Which bank in India performs duties of Central Bank ?
(A) Central Bank of India
(B) State Bank of India
(C) Reserve Bank of India
(D) Above (A) and (B)
94. The Swarajya Party was formed following the failure of—
(A) Non-Cooperation Movement
(B) Civil Disobedience Movement
(C) Quit India Movement
(D) Champaran Satyagraha
95. The largest standing army of the Sultanate, directly paid by the State, was created by—
(B) Alauddin Khalji
(D) Sikander Lodi
96. With which of the following centres of learning, Chanakya the famous teacher of Chandragupta Maurya, was associated ?
97. Who among the following Rajput kings defeated Muhammad Ghori for the first time ?
(A) Prithviraj III
(B) Chalukya Bhim
(D) Kumar Pal
98. The Headquarters of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) is located at—
(A) Paris (France)
(B) Geneva (Switzerland)
(C) New York (USA)
(D) Bangkok (Thailand)
99. ‘The Federal System with Strong Centre’ has been borrowed by the Indian Constitution from—
(A) United States of America
(C) United Kingdom
100. ‘Thomas Cup’ is associated with which game/sports ?
61. (B) 62. (C) 63. (D) 64. (A) 65. (C) 66. (D) 67. (A) 68. (D) 69. (A) 70. (C)
71. (A) 72. (B) 73. (B) 74. (A) 75. (C) 76. (D) 77. (C) 78. (C) 79. (D) 80. (D)
81. (B) 82. (C) 83. (A) 84. (D) 85. (D) 86. (D) 87. (B) 88. (B) 89. (D) 90. (A)
91. (B) 92. (A) 93. (C) 94. (A) 95. (B) 96. (A) 97. (B) 98. (A) 99. (B) 100. (D) Download Info link- Recruitment,Result, Admit Card 2013 (Link-2 Click Here Info by eMail)